February 23, 2012
Integro is proud to announce its colleagues recognized by Risk & Insurance® magazine as 2012 Power Brokers®, a designation the publication characterizes as spotlighting those who are "among the best brokers in a particular industry category for their performance during the past year."
Risk & Insurance identifies the critical factor in selection as "how well, in the eyes of the client, a broker solved a difficult problem with an innovative and exceptional solution. While Brokers play many key roles in the insurance industry and risk profession, a Power Broker award recognizes problem solving, customer service and
This year's Integro honorees:
- Debra Goddeau (Principal/Healthcare/Boston) -- Debra helped a large university medical center, financially challenged by recent changes in health care, realize substantial savings by marketing its umbrella program. She helped the center "expand coverage to its individual employed physicians to remain competitive in the commercial market, and provide additional protection to the center's balance sheet."
- Alex Reath (Principal/Nonprofit/Boston) -- Alex stepped in to help a worldwide religious organization that was caught short after a change in management at its existing carrier suddenly left it with a huge gap in coverage, and only weeks to resolve it. Utilizing his network on contacts, he was able to present the client with numerous options that allowed the client to keep its same
limits and deductibles.
- Terry Rolfe (Managing Principal/Aviation/New York) -- Terry has helped us identify a business consultant during a period when our company has grown largely through new acquisitions," said one risk manager. "She has assisted us in developing our overall business plan and management reporting structure. She understands the issues. All her experience has certainly served us
- Brad Hendrick (Senior Vice President/Marine/New York) -- Brad crafted a comprehensive policy at a lower price for a recycling company that transports material on barges but had huge coverage gaps under a previous policy. Separately, he was able to get a carrier to withdraw an additional premium demand of approximately $30,000
that a large shipbuilder client had been paying in previous years.
- Elizabeth Carabas (Principal/Workers' Compensation/San Francisco) -- Elizabeth is credited with committing to really getting to know clients' risk management programs and loss profiles. Because of her tireless efforts and persistence, she engineered significant price reductions for a client's workers compensation premiums in a California market where premiums in many
instances were increasing by double-digits annually.
Elizabeth has also been honored with a Responsibility Leader® Award, honoring "those Power Broker winners who best exemplify the following attributes: Going above and beyond the call of duty in a way that benefits their clients, company and community; Doing the right thing over the easy thing; Encouraging young people to consider brokerage and insurance as a career."
In addition, Carabas, Hendrick, and Reath were also recognized in the "Under 40" category, along with Esther Ro of Integro's Real Estate practice:
- Elizabeth Carabas: Workers' Compensation; San Francisco
- Brad Hendrick: Marine; New York
- Alex Reath: Nonprofit; New York
- Esther Ro: Real Estate; New York
"I'm proud of my colleagues who've been recognized for going above and beyond in client service," said Integro President and CEO Peter Garvey. "But at Integro, which is built on a client-centric platform, this level of performance is really business-as-usual. These brokers are representative of the firm's overall commitment to going the extra mile for our clients day-in and day-out. This is our mission and
About Risk & Insurance® Power Broker®
The Risk & Insurance Power Broker Awards are an annual selection of the most effective and influential commercial insurance brokers. The Power Broker designation is based on nominations provided by brokers and risk managers, and is judged based on the quality of the application and on references by risk managers in each industry sector. Hundreds of risk managers and risk executives were interviewed in the process of identifying and
soliciting, evaluating and judging the nominees. Brokers were judged primarily on their creativity in solving risk-related problems during 2011, their demonstrated industry knowledge and their high level of client service.
Integro is an insurance brokerage and risk management firm focused primarily on serving organizations with complex risks. Clients credit Integro’s superior technical abilities and creative, collaborative work style for securing superior program results and pricing. The firm's acknowledged capabilities in brokerage, risk analytics and claims are rewriting industry standards for service and quality. Launched in 2005, Integro and its family of specialty insurance and reinsurance companies, some having served clients for more than 100 years, operate from offices in the United States, Canada, Bermuda and London. Its U.S. headquarter office is located at 1 State Street Plaza, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004. 1-877-688-8701. www.integrogroup.com
Betsy Van Alstyne